Words of Salvation, Deliverance and Revival
The Holy Scripture did not keep us in the dark concerning the subject of fear of God. In fact, the whole scripture is full of the message of the fear of God. The fundamental structure of the entire scripture is based on the fear of God and obeying the Word of God.
The fear of the LORD is to accept the Word of God and obeying it without compromise or hypocrisy. It is walking in the Way of the LORD. It is accepting Jesus Christ and living a righteous life. The fear of the LORD is avoiding sin and every work of unrighteousness. It is denying the world and all the lusts thereof. It is crucifying the flesh and setting your affection on the things above.
The fear of God is being spiritually minded and seeking the kingdom of God first and His righteousness. The scripture says in Proverbs 8:13 , that the fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, as well as the froward mouth.
The fear of God is having faith in God and hoping in His mercy and loving-kindness. It is serving the LORD with joyfulness, holiness and gladness of heart. The fear of God is to Love the LORD with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength; and to love your neighbour as yourself.
The following scriptures will show us how and what it means to love God:
“If ye love me, keep my commandments”, these are direct Words of Jesus in In John 14:15.
Lord Jesus says in the scripture John 14:21, that anyone that receives his commandments, and keeps them, he is the one that loves him: and that anyone that loves him shall be loved of my Father, and he will love him, and will manifest himself to him.
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me. [John 14:23-24]
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love, [John 15:10]. From the above scriptures, it clear that you don’t love God by confessing that you do, you only love God by accepting His Word and obeying them. It does not matter how many times you say that you love God, what really matter is if your are actually keeping the Words of Jesus Christ, which is the Word of God.
Jesus proved his love for God the Father by obeying and keeping His Words. Therefore, to fear God is to love God and to love God is to obey His Words and keep His commandments. It is not by saying “God I love you”, but by obeying His Words, and by doing that, you are actually saying and showing God that you love Him by your act of obedience.
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth. [1 John 1:6]
Therefore, the fear of the LORD is to put God first in everything that you do. It is seeking God’s kingdom first, Matthew 6: 33. The fear of God is to reject the world, it is to put the flesh under subjection to the Word of God. It is accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior; to surrender your all to him and to obey his Word.
1. Healing: Malachi 4:2-3 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
2. Preservation: Deuteronomy 6:24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.
3. Blessings: Psalms 31:19-20 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
4. Divine Providence/Fruitfulness/Favour: Psalms 128:1-6 Blessed is every one that fears the LORD; that walks in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that fears the LORD. The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life. Yea, thou shalt see thy children’s children, and peace upon Israel.
5. Long Life: Proverbs 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongs days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
6. Fulfilled Life: Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the LORD tends to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
7. Riches and Honour: Proverbs 22:4 By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
8. Deliverance and Divine Sustenance: Psalms 33:18-19 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
9. Protection/Defense: Psalms 34:7 The angel of the LORD encamps round about them that fear him, and delivers them.
10. Salvation: Psalms 85:9 Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land.
11. Speedy Answers to Prayer: Psalms 145:19 He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
12. Divine Favour: Psalms 147:11 The LORD takes pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
13.Contentment/Satisfaction: Proverbs 15:16 Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.
14. Spiritual and Physical Prosperity: Ecclesiastes 8:12-13 Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him: But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he fears not before God.
15. Divine Mercy: Luke 1:50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
16. Divine Guidance/Instructions: Psalms 25:12-13 What man is he that fears the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose. His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
17. Divine Revelation: Psalms 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
18. Strong Confidence: Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
19. A Fountain/Source of Life: Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
20. Forgiveness/Remembrance/Redemption: Malachi 3:16-17 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spars his own son that serves him.
21. Wisdom/Knowledge/Understanding: Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
You Can Also Read: Friendship Of The World is Enmity With God
You Can Also Visit Insights From Pastor Rex
Tags: #pastorrexorji, benefits of fearing God, benefits of loving God, Fear of God, How much is fear of God worth, how to love God, obeying the Word of God, Pastor Rex, Pastor Rex Orji, scriptures on fear of God, What does the Bible say about the fear of God, What does the scriptures say about the fear of God, What is essentials fear of God, What is fear of God, what it means to love God, Who fears God, Why is it called fear of God
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.