Words of Salvation, Deliverance and Revival
As humans, God gave us freewill to decide how we want our lives to go, where we want our destination to be and the kind of certificate we want to receive when we finally graduate from the school of life. So long as you are in this world, you are faced with only two ultimate options: Life or Death. Whichever one you chose will determine the quality of your life here on earth and what your destination will be after life.
Whether you will enter the eternal rest of the Almighty God in Heaven or you will end up in the company of the devil in hell: in a lake that burns with fire and brimstone forever. The choice is yours. In Deuteronomy 30:19, God declared to us His Word, calling on heaven and earth to bear witness, that He has left the choice of life and death entirely in our hands, as well as blessing and cursing. He commanded us to choose life, that we and our children may live. And that life, is the Life of God which is Only found in Jesus Christ.
There are choices one has to make in this life, because this world is full of choices. And without careful considerations and guidance, one may end up making unfavorable choices.
There are just two major choices one can make in life, although they come in different degrees; either you make the right choices or the wrong choices. Both choices have different degrees, the right choices come in degrees, such as good, better and best. The same can be said about wrong choices, but in the negative degrees. It could come in bad, worse, worst degrees. But the bottom line is that right choices are desirable and favourable while wrong choices are undesirable and unfavourable.
Choices make and unmake us, every individual on earth is a product of choices. Choices of your parents, community, state or country; all collectively affect our lives one way or the other. But the choices with the most impact on your life and destiny, are the ones you have to make yourself. Therefore, the summary of the life of any human being on earth, can be seen in the sum of all choices thy made, and that of other around them. And every choice has its own effect on your life and destiny.
Bad choices have consequences which could ruin one’s life forever; whilst good choices have favorable outcomes which will drive your destiny to the expected end God promised His children in Jeremiah 29:11. God only has good thoughts for His children, the plan for peace, and not of evil; plans to give us eternal life, [John 3: 16].
Although there are choices we do not have the power to control, such as choosing who our biological parents will be; the country, community or tribe where we will come from. I do not think that anyone of us chose who their siblings or relatives will be before coming to this world. These are choices only God can make for us.
We should not dwell on the things we do not have power over, rather, we should try and set our priorities right. We should maximize all opportunities that come our way, by making the right choices. And it is only the Word of God that can help us to set our priorities right and make the right decisions. This is what the Word of God is telling us in Matthew 6:33, Which says that we should seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness first and all other things that we need, will be aligned for good, according to the Will of God.
What the above scripture is telling us is that, greater percentage of our lives are shaped by our own individual choices. You might be born into a dysfunctional family, but you can decide not to follow their paths or end up like your parents. Although it might not be easy, but it is not an unachievable feat either. That your parents are thieves or that you come from a community of fraudulent folks does not mean that you must end up like one of them, it all depends on your priorities and your choices.
There are certain choices we have to make for ourselves at some stages in our lives. We can either make good choices or bad choices. When we make the right choices, our eternal destiny on earth will be fulfilled and vice versa. There are choices that are irreversible and there are some that can be reversed. So, one has to be cautious while making any life decision; always involve God because when we make the wrong choices, our eternal destiny will be altered or in worst case destroyed.
God can help us to make the right choices in life, His Word is the only guaranteed solution. So hold on to God’s Word and you will never miss it in life. Remember, you require patience when you are dealing with God’s promises; because the trying of your faith requires patience to win. God is ever willing to help us to make the right choices. He says in Jeremiah 33:3, that we should call on Him, and He will answer us, and show us great and mighty things, which we don’t know.
It is important to note that God’s help and grace does not remove the consequences of our bad choices, but helps us to overcome the consequences and prevent them from destroying our destiny. The scriptures below will throw more light on this subject: 2 Samuel 12:13-14, “And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also had put away you sin; you shall not die. Howbeit, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto you shall surely die”.
Here, King David chose the pleasure of sin over the Commandments of God, although he was forgiven by God when he asked for forgiveness but he was not spared from the consequences of his actions as was evident in verses 13 and 14 of 2 Samuel 12. Absalom his son was instrumental to the fulfillment of the consequences of David’s actions; when he defiled his father’s concubines in the presence of all Israel. He also sought to kill him and take over the throne as the LORD had pronounced against David. [2 Samuel 16:22]
It is also worthy of note that consequences of bad choices as well as the outcomes of good choices are transferable and can be transferred to one’s children or associates as were evident in many places in the Bible. Examples include: Eli, Hezekiah, Gehazi, David, Joab, Solomon, Jehoshaphat etc. In 2 Kings 5:27, Gehazi due to his bad choices, transferred leprosy to his unborn children.
Choices are about saying Yes or No to either good or bad circumstances. Among all of God’s creations, man is the only one that has the freewill to say Yes or No to God. The amount of YES you say to God’s Word is the amount of progress and good success you will enjoy physically, emotionally and spiritually. Every No you say to God’s Word has negative consequences; while every Yes drives you closer to fulfilling your destiny.
There are choices we can only make for ourselves, nobody should make these choices for us because they determine how our lives will turn out or end, and where our destination will be and whether we go to heaven or hell.
1. Whom to Serve: The God you serve, determines where you are Going; whether Heaven or hell. If you accept Jesus Christ , the Word of God, you will enter God’s rest. If not, your portion will be in hell. In Joshua 24:15, the Word of God commanded us to choose our God wisely. Whether to serve the LORD God, Most high, who is able to save us from death and destruction; or to choose Satan who is the embodiment of death and destruction.
2. Whom to Marry: Marriage makes or unmakes a person. If you make the wrong choice in marriage, you are already 90% close to Hell. Proverbs 18:22 says that he that finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favour of the LORD. This is only applicable to those who are in Christ; who abide in the Word of God. These are those who will allow the Holy Spirit to help them in choosing a wife or husband. Their choices of wife or husband are not based on lusts, but founded on the wisdom and knowledge of God. And this will make them to choose wisely whom to marry.
3. Choosing a Career/Occupation: Career is also an important factor that contributes to how our life on earth will turn out. Wrong career will produce wrong expectation; while good career choices will result in fulfillment of your destiny. There are some career choices that will be a thorn in the flesh of your destiny; which will choke the Word of God in your life with the cares and riches of this world. Some career choices will expose you to filth, and everything that will make you to fall out of the grace of God.
4. Choosing a Friend/Associates: Friends and associates can make you make the right choices and could also make you make the wrong choices in life. So who your friends are matter a lot in your destiny fulfillment. They say, “show me your friends and I will tell you who you are”. The Bible also says that bad company (evil communication) corrupts good manner. [1 Corinthians 15:33]
The Word of God says in Proverbs 22:24-25, that we should not make friends with an angry man; or hangout with a furious man. So that we will not learn their ways, and get a snare to our soul.
5. Choosing where to Live: Location is very important to destiny fulfillment. Your spiritual and physical locations determine your spiritual and physical allocations respectively. If you are in right standing with God, you will reap the fruit of righteousness and vice versa. Some locations are blessed while some are cursed and this may have serious effect on your destiny.
Any location you are that is outside the Will of God is a wrong location. This is irrespective of whether it is a city or a village; whether a developed world or third world country. Once it is not the plan of God for your life, it is a wrong location and has severe consequences to your life. You might be in the suburb, once it is God’s Will for your life; you will prosper and fulfill your destiny there if you abide in God’s Word.
Lot chose the wrong location, and it cost him all his substance, as well as his wife, children and peace. He was only left with two daughters: a very wealthy man turned a cave dweller. It also led to him fathering children by his own daughters, wrong location brought incest into his family. His life was ruined just because he chose a wrong location. Genesis 13:10-13
In the case of Naomi, it was not God who afflicted her but her choices. She and her household went outside their divine location and lost all their divine allocations. Ruth 1:20-21
6. Choosing how to Live or Spend Your Life: If you live a fast life, you are automatically on a crash course; and will definitely crash if you don’t slow down. The Word of God is there to slow you down and give your life a meaning it deserves; while the devil is a race car without breaks.
Galatians 6:7-9 says, Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap. For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
7. Your Level of Spiritual Life: Whom you are serving, will determine the direction which your spiritual life will take. And how you serve, will determine the level of your spiritual life. Therefore, your spiritual life is a combination of the deity you are serving and the quality of your service. If you are serving the Almighty God faithfully, then your story will be that of success. But if you chose to serve the devil, your life will take a negative turn; heading straight to hell if you don’t repent quickly.
God is interested in our spiritual life, that is why He sent His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die for our sins so that we will have an eternal life. There is life after death, anyone that does not have eternal life in Christ, is already damned to the hell; a lake that burns with brimstone and fire. Salvation is only in Jesus Christ. There is no other way by which man can be saved on earth except through Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life of God. No one can come to the Father except through him.
And while we are in Christ, we need to bring genuine repentance and quality server to God; bearing fruits worthy of our repentance and as followers of Jesus Christ. God wants His children to grow up spiritually, and this can only be achieved when we abide in the Word of God; and the Word of God abide in us.
What 1 Corinthians 3:2 is saying is that God wants to reveal great and mighty things to us; He wants to give us greater glory; but it all depends on our spiritual maturity. This is because no business man, no matter how much he loves his child, will allow him to run his company so long as he remains a child. Even though he is the heir to his father’s business empire, such responsibility can only be given to him when he comes of age; and have acquired the right competencies. [Galatians 4: 1-2]
The scripture says in Hebrews 5:12-14, “For when for the time you ought to be teachers, you have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that uses milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongs to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil”.
1. My Father have mercy upon me, I need a total turnaround in life by the power of Your Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
2. Choices of yesterday that are affecting my life today, receive correction by the power in the Blood of Jesus, in Jesus name.
3. My Father and my God, repair me from the negative effects of my wrong choices and cause a change in my life, in the name of Jesus.
4. LORD, deliver me from the consequences of the wrong choices made by my parents and ancestors that are affecting my life by the power in the Blood of Jesus, in Jesus name.
5. Every power of yesterday assigned against my today by the enemy, your time is up, die, in the name of Jesus.
7. Any power that is manipulating my choices and causing me to make the wrong choices in life, scatter by the fire thunder of the Almighty God, in the name of Jesus.
8. Every unprofitable decision that the devil has caused me, your time is up, I am coming out by fire, in the name of Jesus.
9. Every spiritual traffic congestion in my life, I bind and cast you out of my life, in the name of Jesus.
10. Any household wickedness that wants me to make the wrong choices in life, scatter and fail, in the name of Jesus.
11. O LORD arise and direct my footsteps and cause me to make the right choices in life, in the name of Jesus.
12. O LORD my God, help me to always say Yes to Your Word and bidding, in the name of Jesus.
13. My destiny receive the fire of the Holy Ghost, reject bewitchment and satanic directives, in the name of Jesus.
14. I shall become what God has destined me to be in this life; and I shall receive the crown of glory, in the name of Jesus.
You Can Also Read: 2 Deaths To Die, 1 Life To Live
You Can Also Visit Insights From Pastor RexTags: #pastorrexorji, 14 prayer points on making the right choices in life, choices of life, divine guidance and direction, Do choices define who we are, How can I improve my decision making skills in life, How can I make my choices better, How can I win big in life, How do I stop making bad choices, How do the choices we make affect our lives, How do you know if you're making a bad decision, How do you make a difficult choice in life, How do you make the best choices in life, How does bad decision affect one's life, How important is decision making in life, how to make the right choices in life, Is life all about choices, making the right choices in life, Pastor Rex, Pastor Rex Orji, putting God first in your life, Ways to Make Good Choices, What are good choices in life, What are some major life decisions, What are the benefits of making good decisions, What is a bad decision, What is a life choice, What is good decision, What is the importance of making good choices, Why choice is important
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.