Words of Salvation, Deliverance and Revival
Anointing is the divine empowerment by God on a believer to do supernatural things with ease. It is the special ability of God on a believer to carryout difficult or specific tasks with extraordinary ease. Anointing is the divine enablement by the Almighty God on the life of a believer to do great and mighty works of righteousness; so that God will be glorified in the world. It is the empowerment of God in the person of the Holy Spirit to serve God and do supernatural things that are beyond human comprehension or the physical laws.
Anointing makes you succeed where others fail. It helps you to do the impossible, achieve the unachievable, and conceive the inconceivable. The Holy Spirit of God is the author of all positive anointing from God. He is the power of God in action in a believer. As much as there is a positive anointing which proceeds from God (the giver of every good gift); there is also a negative anointing which proceeds from the devil. This negative anointing is used by the kingdom of darkness in mimicry of the positive anointing of God. This is the power that is at work in all false prophets, fake pastors and fake believers/nonbelievers.
When God gives you a positive anointing and you are connected to the grace of God, you must watch always against the constant tides of the devil’s attacks to corrupt and turn it into a negative anointing. The Word of God says in Matthew 13:25, that while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat (the plan of God for your life). God is the plants of every good seed; in this case, the anointing is the good seed which God has planted in the life every believer. Satan is the enemy who plants the evil seed of negative anointing in order to corrupt the the positive anointing which God had planted.
The Bible recorded in Acts 10: 38 that God anointed Jesus Christ with Holy Ghost and with Power which enabled him to go about doing good, because the power of God was with him. But the devil tried to corrupt this great anointing of Jesus Christ when he tempted him; telling him to bow down and worship him so that he will give him the whole world, [Matthew 4:1-11]. All the temptations of Jesus Christ were designed by the devil with only one significant intent; to corrupt his anointing so that he will not be able to fulfill his ministry on earth.
So, every temptation is designed by the devil to corrupt the anointing of a believer to that he will not be able to fulfill his destiny, which is his divine assignment on earth. There are three major branches of temptation Satan uses to corrupt the anointing of a believer, and Jesus was tempted in all three of them. Any believer who is able to defeat the devil in these three major areas of temptation has already won all the battles of life.
One of them is “Lust of the Flesh“, (Matthew 4:3-4). The devil wanted Jesus to use the anointing of God upon his life to selfishly satisfy the desires of his flesh. He wanted Jesus to abuse the power of God by using the anointing towards a selfish end. The anointing of God is God’s empowerment to do the Will of God and to serve in God’s kingdom on earth, and not for personal use. The devil knows that very well and he will always tempt a believer towards that direction in order for the believer to abuse the anointing and disobey God.
The second one is the “Pride of Life“, (Matthew 4:5-7). Here the devil wanted Jesus to tempt God. He wanted Jesus to show off the power of God in his life by jumping of the pinnacle of the temple. He wanted to fan his ego and prove to everyone that he has power. The devil wanted him to prove God’s protection whether it is real or a lie; after all he is the Son of God. He has legions of angels at his disposal, as it it written, they will catch him.
He wanted Jesus to Doubt that promise of God by carrying out an experiment to prove if God will catch His Son or not. This is exactly what most believers do, they doubt the promises and the Word of God; they say to God, if you are God, then prove it by doing this or that. This is exactly where the devil wants them, so that they can offend God.
Even anointed servants of God fall prey to this trick of the tempter; when they are offended or faced with a difficult situation, they will boast with pride and arrogance, “I will show you that I am an anointed servant of God, for doing that to me”. “don’t you know that if I curse you, you are finished, so you don’t know that you are dealing with an anointed man of God?” These and more are the examples of the boasts and pride of life. Pride of life is what makes people to compare themselves with others. It is a source of emulation, envy, strife, witchcraft, idolatry, covetousness, jealousy, heresy etc.
And the third one is the “Lust of the Eyes“, (Matthew 4:8-11). The devil showed Jesus the beauty and riches of the world, and demanded worship in exchange for the glory of the world. But thank God, Jesus resisted the devil. many in the past and to this present day have allowed the devil to pollute their anointing due to riches and the glory of this world. Balaam (for the wages of unrighteousness), King Solomon (lust for strange women), Gehazi (for money and fashion) etc, allowed their anointing to be corrupted. Are you are victim? This is the time to repent and return to God’s Word.
Positive anointing can be corrupted and that is the target of the devil. This is why every believer has to be conscious of this fact. That is one of the reasons why the Bible says that we should take heed when we think we stand less we fall, [1 Corinthians 10: 12].
King Solomon started with positive anointing, but ended up with a negative anointing; irrespective of the fact that he was the wisest man on Earth as well as God appearing to him twice, (1 King 11:1-11). You are the temple of God, the Holy Spirit dwells in you, therefore, Do Not defile the temple of God, your body with sins or immorality because that will open the door for overflowing negative anointing.
King Saul, though the first King of Israel, started with positive anointing but ended up with negative anointing such that his temple (his body) became the habitation of evil spirit. He disobeyed God’s Word and God rejected him and the consequence of that was negative anointing. [1 Samuel 16:1 & 13-14] Every believer must be aware that the enemy, the devil is lurking around looking for how he may build a secret habitation in the life of believers and he will succeed if left unchecked.
The Bible gave us ample of ways to resist the devil which can be seen in the following scriptures:
1. By Submitting yourself to God: James 4:7 says we should Submit ourselves therefore to God. It only then that we can resist the devil, and he will flee from us.
2. Do Not be the friend of this world: In James 4:4, the Bible says that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? And whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. So adultery, fornication all the works of the flesh as we know them in Galatians 5:19-21, will defile your body which is the temple of the Holy Spirit of God; and make you an enemy of God.
3. Be sober and be vigilant: In 1 Peter 5:8-9, the Bible says that we should be sober and vigilant; because our adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, looking for whom he may devour. Whom we should resist steadfastly in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in our brethren that are in the world.
4. Guard your heart with all diligence: The Word of God says in Proverbs 4:23-24, that we should Keep our heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. It says that we should put away from ourselves a froward mouth, and perverse lips.
5. Watch and pray always: In Luke 21:36, the Bible says that we should watch and pray always, that we may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
6. Do not give the devil any opportunity or room: In Ephesians 4:27, the Word of God enjoined us not to give place to the devil.
7. Build up your spiritual life: The Word of God say in Ephesians 5:14-16, that believer who are slumbering in the spirit and those who are spiritually dead should awake from spiritual slumber, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give them light. That we should walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise; redeeming the time, because the days are evil. This is because if you are spiritually asleep, the enemy , the devil will have the opportunity to sow tares in your good field of wheat (your destiny) unchecked, (Matthew 13:25).
8. Live the Word of God, meditate in it day and night: The Word of God commanded us in Joshua 1:8 saying, that this book of the law shall not depart out of our mouth; but that we should meditate therein day and night, that we may observe to do according to all that is written in it: for then shall we make our way prosperous, and have good success.
God bless you as you increase in God’s anointing and abound in the works of love/righteousness, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!
You Can Also Read: 7 Choices No Body Should Make For You
You Can Also Visit Insights From Pastor Rex
Tags: #pastorrexorji, Anointing, be sober be vigilant, guard your heart with all diligence, Pastor Rex, Pastor Rex Orji, resist the devil, watch and pray always
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.