Words of Salvation, Deliverance and Revival
An Idol is anything you place above God and His Word. A modern day idolater is anyone that disobeys God’s commandment without regard to God or the ensuing retribution. It is anyone who ascribes worship and reverence to anything other than God Almighty and His Word. God commanded us in Exodus 20:3 saying, “Thou shalt have no other gods before me”.
1. An Idol is anything that you cannot sacrifice for God.
2. It is anything you give first place in your life other than God.
3. An Idol is anything that takes the place of God in your life.
4. Anything you love more than God has become an Idol to you.
5. Anything that takes the best position or the first place priority in your life has become an Idol.
6. Anything you cannot give up for God or for the sake of the kingdom of God.
7. Anything you obey more than you obey God’s Word has become an Idol to you.
8. Anything that gets your attention more than God, His Word or anything pertaining to the kingdom of God.
9. Anything that makes you disobey God’s Word or makes you compromise has become an Idol to you.
10. Anything that gets your time more than the time you give to God or the things of God has become an Idol to you.
11. Anything that makes you ignore the Word of God or the warnings of God.
12. Anything that you regard or reverence more than God in your life.
13. Anything that you care about more than you care about God.
14. Anything you want so much more than you want God in your life.
15. Anything that you want to please more than you want to please God.
16. Anything you abandon the service of God for or the kingdom of God.
17. Anything that you cherish more than you cherish God.
18. Anything that draws you away from God and righteousness or anything that stops you from worship/serving God.
19. Anything you enjoy more than you enjoy the presence of God or the things of God.
20. Anything that makes you a friend of the world and an enemy of God.
21. Anything, habit or emotion that makes you not to come closer to God, or grow Spiritually has become an Idol to you.
In Luke 14:26-27 & 33, Jesus says that anyone that wants to be his follower must be willing to place God and His word above parents and family as well as his own self. That if you cannot do these, then you cannot be his disciple.
If you cannot put God and His Word above self, the lusts of the world, the riches of this world and all earthly possessions, parental attachment and family, then you don’t have any business being his follower or a Christian.
What this means is that nothing in this world should take first place priority in your heart above God. It is obvious that nothing is more precious and dear to a man than his family; but Jesus is saying that as his follower, you must rise above these attachments in your service to God and in obedience to His Word.
He went further to tell us how to actually be his follower, by forsaking the world and bearing our cross which is our divine assignment and following his Words and footsteps. As Christians, we must have total detachment from the world and that pertains to it. That is the only to be the disciple of Jesus Christ and a Christian.
The first place priority in your life belongs to God: the chief position in your life, family, job, career, marriage, home, relationship, business, and all your endeavors, belongs to God. If you give it to anyone or anything, that person or thing becomes an Idol to you; and that simply makes you an Idolater and guilty of Idolatry.
To some, it is there wife/husband that enjoys the first place priority and the chiefest position in there life; that automatically becomes their god or idol. To some, it is there children, career, job, money, relationships, mobile phone, television, social media, politics, power/authority, game/attention, pride, unforgiveness, bitterness, sexual Immorality/perversion.
While to others, it is their wealth/riches, properties/material possessions, post/positions, football/fanaticism, music/movies, fashion, beauty/makeup/looks, fast life/cars, entertainment/surfeiting, business appointment/engagement on a Sunday service morning (skipping church service for other businesses/engagements) etc. If any of these take the chiefest position in your life and God is second, then they have become your idols.
If you want to make your spouse or boss happy more than God or at the expense of disobeying God’s Word, you spouse or boss has become an Idol to you. If you love your child more than you love God to give him/her priority over God in your life, that your child has become your idol.
God did not bestow His blessing of righteousness upon Abraham until he proved to God that he loved Him more than he live his son of promise and heir, Isaac. He placed God above everything else; he did not make Isaac his idol, he proved his greater love for God by obeying Him and by sacrificing his only heir and son, Isaac.
In Exodus 34:14, God commanded us to worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. In Matthew 6:24, Jesus said that no man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. He said that we cannot serve God and mammon.
Jesus also stated in Matthew 16:25, that whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for his sake shall find it. In James 4:4, the scripture saying to us that all adulterers and adulteresses should know not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God. And whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
1. Idolatry provokes God to jealousy: God does not share His glory with anyone.
2. It attracts the wrath of God and heaven’s rejection.
3. It initiates generational curses and foundational problems.
4. Idolatry is a grievous sin in the sight of the LORD that breeds other sins: it generates and attracts other sins and unrighteousness.
5. Idolatry produces spiritual and physical demotion: it reduces the glory of a man to that of a beast/inferior entities.
6. It causes defilement of the spirit, soul and body of a man.
7. It creates enmity between man and God: It makes you an enemy of God.
8. It creates room for demonic possession and satanic attacks.
9. It blocks God’s mercies and blessings.
10. It breeds total failures, limitations and spiritual embargoes.
11. It leads to captivity, bondage and divine punishment.
12. It closes the heaven over a man and hindrances to prayers.
13. It breeds calamities, stubborn problems, suffering and death.
14. It generates acute/chronic poverty and sicknesses.
1. I break myself loose from every idol and ancestral pollution, in the name of Jesus.
2. I free my spirit, soul and body from every contamination resulting from conscious/unconscious idol worship, by the power in the blood of Jesus, in Jesus name.
3. Blood of Jesus release me from every spiritual and physical attachments to any idol in my life, in the name of Jesus.
4. I break every link and connection between me and any idol of my father’s house, in the name of Jesus.
5. Blood of Jesus, purge my destiny from any foundational idol pollution, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every idol chain and manipulation over my life, break by the fire of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every idol power behind my challenges and limitations, die by the blast of the breath of the nostril of the Almighty God, in the name of Jesus.
8. LORD my God, deliver me from every bondage of the spirit of idolatry, in the mighty name of Jesus.
9. O LORD, forgive me for being a friend of the world and loving the things of this world more than I love You and the things of Your kingdom, in the name of Jesus.
10. Holy Spirit search out every in unbroken area of my life and refine it with Your fire, in the name of Jesus.
11. O LORD my God, baptize me with Your Holy Ghost and with Your fire without measure, in the name of Jesus.
12. LORD, fill my heart with Your love, for You, for my neighbor and for Your kingdom, in the name of Jesus.
13. Thank You Father for answering me, for you are the God that answers prayers.
You Can Also Read: Beware Of Satanic Alternatives (1)
You Can Also Visit Insights From Pastor RexTags: #pastorrexorji, 21 Definitions of idols, 21st century idolater, 21st century idols, consequences of idolatry, do people still worship idols in the 21st century, idol worship in 21st century, idolatry, idolatry in the 21st century, idols in the 21st century, modern day idol worship, modern day idolater, Modern day idolatry, Pastor Rex, Pastor Rex Orji, What is an idol, What is idolatry, who is an idol worshiper, who is an idol worshiper in the 21st century, who is an idolater
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.